Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?
– Benjamin Franklin
The state of Ohio defines a gifted student as one who “performs or shows potential for performing at remarkably high levels of accomplishment when compared to others of their age, experience, or environment and who are identified under division (A), (B), (C), or (D) of section 3324.03 of Ohio Revised Code.
Students can be identified as gifted in the areas of superior cognitive ability (general intelligence), specific academic ability (reading, math, social studies, and/or science), creative thinking ability, and visual-performing arts ability.
● Identify gifted students - individual and small group assessment
● Written Education Plans (WEPs)
● Professional Development
● Assistance with differentiating curricula to meet the needs of gifted and
high achieving students
● Provide instructional resources
● Program planning and evaluation
● Facilitate Academic Acceleration
● Consultation with classroom teachers, parents, and gifted students
● Saturday Enrichment
● County Spelling Bee
● Excellence in Education Dinner
Gifted & Talented Education Coordinator
(937) 339-5100 x 1344