2019-20 PLAN for the Miami County ESC Business Advisory Council
Business Advisory Council Meeting/MCESC Governing Board
The Miami County Business Advisory Council, in partnership with Miami County schools, the Miami County Educational Service Center (ESC), and businesses, will assist in the assessment of workforce needs and employability skills for student success in the regional economy.
The BAC Responsibilities:
- 1.To advise the districts on changes in the economy and job market and the area in which future jobs are most likely to be available.
- 2.To advocate for the employment skills most critical to business and industry and the development of curriculum to teach these skills.
- 3.To aid and support districts by offering suggestions for developing a working relationship among businesses, labor organizations, and educators.
The following public school districts in Miami County have chosen to align with the Miami County ESC BAC. The districts include the following:
Bethel Local School District
Bradford Exempted Village School District
Covington Exempted Village School District
Miami East Local School District
Milton-Union Exempted Village School District
Newton Local School District
Tipp City Exempted Village School District
Troy City School District
All districts have a Superintendent or a Designee as members on the BAC. Miami County ESC Board Members and representatives from the public school partner’s board of educations are also members of the BAC. Business and community members will include various businesses, industry, agriculture, chambers of commerce, and professionals representing the greater Miami County. The Miami County ESC BAC will strive to have business representation from all school districts in Miami County.
The BAC will meet on the following dates during the 2018-19 school year:
September 30, 2019
November 25, 2019
January 27, 2020
March 30, 2020
Plans for the BAC:
- Ensure that each district superintendent receives updates to share with their district boards. This will come from the Miami County ESC Superintendent after each BAC meeting.
- Ensure that the board prepares its joint statement to ODE at its January meeting so that it can be submitted to ODE by the required date of March 1st, 2020.
- Review BAC Timelines per Ohio Department of Education.
- The above dates will allow the Miami County ESC BAC to meet the requirements of the law and also allow the BAC to continue to work on the identified Mission and Responsibilities.
- The Miami County ESC BAC will post the dates for the BAC meetings following Sunshine Law rules.
- The BAC will work together to determine how to best meet the spirit of the law and continue to work on the three key responsibilities of the group.