BUSINESS ADVISORY COUNCIL
2022-23 PLAN for the Miami County ESC Business Advisory Council
Business Advisory Council Meeting/MCESC Governing Board
The Miami County Business Advisory Council, in partnership with Miami County schools, the Miami County Educational Service Center (ESC), local businesses, and area partners will assist in the assessment of workforce needs and employability skills for student success in the regional economy.
The BAC Responsibilities:
1. To advise the districts on changes in the economy and job market and the area in which future jobs are most likely to be available.
2. To advocate for the employment skills most critical to business and industry and the development of curriculum to teach these skills.
3. To aid and support districts by offering suggestions for developing a working relationship among businesses, educators, and students.
The following public school districts in Miami County have chosen to align with the Miami County ESC BAC. The districts include the following:
Bethel Local School District
Bradford Exempted Village School District
Covington Exempted Village School District
Miami East Local School District
Milton-Union Exempted Village School District
Newton Local School District
Tipp City Exempted Village School District
Troy City School District
All districts have a Superintendent or a Designee as members on the BAC. Miami County ESC Board Members and representatives from the public school partner’s board of educations are also members of the BAC. Business and community members will include various businesses, industry, agriculture, chambers of commerce, and professionals representing the greater Miami County. The Miami County ESC BAC will strive to have business representation from all school districts in Miami County.
Contact Information for BAC Members:
· David Larson – Miami County ESC – email@example.com
· Matt Chrispin – Bethel Local Schools – firstname.lastname@example.org
· Joe Hurst – Bradford EVSD – email@example.com
· Joe Hoelzle – Covington EVSD – firstname.lastname@example.org
· Pat McBride – Newton Local Schools - email@example.com
· Mark Stefanik – Tipp City EVSD - firstname.lastname@example.org
· Chris Piper – Troy City Schools - email@example.com
· Jason Haak – Upper Valley Career Center - firstname.lastname@example.org
· Michael van Haaren – Miami County ESC – email@example.com
· Myrna Yoder – Miami County ESC – firstname.lastname@example.org
· Neil Thiesing – Miami County ESC – email@example.com
· Michelle Brunson – Upper Valley Career Center - firstname.lastname@example.org
· Melissa Nichols – Riverside DD – Melissa.email@example.com
· Kathi Roetter – Troy Chamber of Commerce - firstname.lastname@example.org
· Liz Sonnastine, Tipp City Chamber of Commerce - email@example.com
· Kathy Sherman – Piqua City Chamber of Commerce - firstname.lastname@example.org
· Angelia Erbaugh – Dayton Region Manufacturers Association - email@example.com
· April Vanover – Fastlane and University of Dayton Research Institute – firstname.lastname@example.org
· Business partners vary from year to year and their contact information is updated periodically below are some of the members:
o Carl Bowman – Bowman Landes – email@example.com
o Julie Broerman – Eds Heating and Cooling – firstname.lastname@example.org
o Madison Dubro – Trimble – Madison_durbro@trimble.com
o Greg Fetters – Nitto – email@example.com
o Chris Haines – Marias Technology – firstname.lastname@example.org
o Trisha Wackler – Premier Health – email@example.com
The BAC will meet on the following dates during the 2022-23 school year:
September 28, 2022
November 16, 2022
January 25, 2023
March 29, 2023
Plans for the BAC:
· Ensure that each district superintendent receives updates to share with their district boards. This will come from the Miami County ESC Superintendent after each BAC meeting.
· Ensure that the BAC prepares its joint statement to ODE by the required date of March 1st, 2023.
· Review BAC Timelines per Ohio Department of Education.
· The above dates will allow the Miami County ESC BAC to meet the requirements of the law and also allow the BAC to continue to work on the identified Mission and Responsibilities.
· The Miami County ESC BAC will post the dates for the BAC meetings following Sunshine Law rules.
· The BAC will work together to determine how to best meet the spirit of the law and continue to work on the three key responsibilities of the group.